Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia. Willian Cardoso from Brazil and Johanne Defay of France have won The Men’s and Women’s Uluwatu Challenge over the weekend, after a marathon day of surfing at Uluwatu on Bali’s Bukit Peninsula. This was the make up event to compensate for World Surf League Stop number 3 on the 2018 Championship Tour the cancelled event in Western Australia at Margaret River – The Margaret River Pro, called off, because of a series of shark attacks in the region.
The Uluwatu Challenge was held at the iconic Indonesian left hand surfbreak and it dished up pumping 4 – 6 foot waves for the final day of competition that started running just after sunrise and saw the final siren sound moments before sunset.
The Uluwatu Championship Tour Men’s Final Results.
- William Cardosa, Brazil, 15.57 points.
- Julian Wilson, Australia, 14.43 points.
The Uluwatu Championship Tour Women’s Final Results.
- Johanne Defay, France, 13.13 points.
- Tatiana Weston – Webb, Brazil, 12.67 points.
Men’s World Tour Jeep Leaderboard After Uluwatu Challenge.
- Julian Wilson, Australia, 27, 215 points.
- Filipe Toledo, Brazil, 25, 900 points.
- Italo Ferreira, Brazil, 24, 995 points.
Women’s World Tour Jeep Leaderboard After Uluwatu Challenge.
- Lakey Peterson, USA, 35, 630 points.
- Stephanie Gilmour, Australia, 35, 575 points.
- Tataina Weston – Webb, Brazil, 29,160 points.
For further information visit World Surf League / Facebook.