Today Stephanie Gilmour of Australia and Italo Ferreira from Brazil have won The 2018 Rip Curl Pro at Bells Beach in Victoria, Australia at stop number 2 on The World Surf League Championship Tour. After an exciting week of competitive surfing which saw, upsets dramas and emotion.
The final day of competition action ran in clean 4 – 6 foot surf at the iconic Bells Beach. Ferreira’s breakthrough win at The Rip Curl Pro now vaults him to World Number 1 where he ties with Julian Wilson of Australia and they both share the yellow Jeep Leader’s jersey heading into Event number 3 to be contested in Western Australia at The Margaret River Pro.
On a closing note Mick Fanning now retires from competitive surfing on The World Championship Tour after this event, and he would be very happy with the performance he displayed at The Rip Curl Pro as he lost to Brazilian Italo Ferreira by a small margin in the Men’s Final and now bows out from the sport with his head held high, as a three times – World Champion.
The Rip Curl Pro, Bells Beach, Men’s Final Results.
1. Italo Ferreira, Brazil, 15.66 points.
2. Mick Fanning, Australia, 12.83 points.
The Rip Curl Pro, Bells Beach, Women’s Final Results.
1. Stephanie Gilmour, Australia, 14.17 points.
2. Tatiana Weston – Webb, Hawaii, 13.94 points.
The 2018 World Surf League Jeep LeaderBoard After Event 2 The Rip Curl Pro.
1. Julian Wilson, Australia, 11,665 points.
1. Italo Ferreira, Brazil, 11,665 points.
3. Mick Fanning, Australia, 11,500 points.
4. Owen Wright, Australia, 9,490 points.
5. Michel Bourez, Tahiti, 9,940 points.
Our next upcoming Blog for The 2018 World Surf League Tour – Australian Leg, will be coming from Stop Number 3 in Western Australia at The 2018 Margaret River Pro due to kick off, over the fore – coming weeks. So stay tuned and we will see you then with all of the action from The Margaret River Pro.