Gabriel Medina, Brazil and Carissa Moore – Hawaii, claimed victory in Hossegor, France yesterday at The Quicksilver Pro and Roxy Pro in excellent three – five foot surf in quality peaks at the famous beach break at Stop 9 of the 2017 World Surf League Championship Tour.
2014 World Surf League Champion Gabriel Medina of Brazil built his momentum in this event all week to peak at the perfect time in the final series and put together two massive heats in the Semi Finals and Final to win The Quicksilver Pro France. His final bout with Sebastian Zietz, Hawaii was held in picture perfect conditions and was the 3rd French win of his career.
Three times World Surf League Champion Carissa Moore claimed back to back wins at The Roxy Pro elevating her game to a new level and putting herself back in the World Title discussion by dispatching Lakey Peterson, USA in the final.
The Roxy Pro France Women’s Final Results.
1. Carissa Moore, Hawaii, 16.70 points.
2. Lakey Peterson, USA, 14.50 points.
2017 WSL Women’s Jeep Leaderboard After Roxy Pro France.
1. Sally Fitzgibbons, Australia, 52,900 points.
2. Tyler Wright, Australia, 51, 200 points.
3. Courtney Conlogue, USA, 50,000 points.
4. Carissa Moore, Hawaii, 47,300 points.
5. Stephanie Gilmour, Australia, 45,150 points.
The Quicksilver Pro France Men’s Final Results.
1. Gabriel Medina, Brazil, 16.00 points.
2. Sebastian Zeitz, Hawaii, 9.30 points.
2017 WSL Men’s Jeep Leaderboard After Quicksilver Pro France.
1. John John Florence, Hawaii, 49,900 points.
2. Jordy Smith, South Africa, 47,600 points.
3. Gabriel Medina, Brazil, 40,750 points.
4. Owen Wright, Australia, 39,850 points.
5. Matt Wilkinson, Australia, 38,200 points.
The next stop on the 2017 Men’s World Surf League Championship Tour will be in Portugal and it is The MEO / Rip Curl Pro from October 20, 2017 to October 31, 2017.
For further information and news visit https://www.WorldSurfLeague.com