Seventy five nominees representing some of 2016’s brands from the surfing industry were honoured recently at the 14 th Annual SIMA – Surfing Industry Manufacturers Association awards ceremony at Rancho Las Lomos in Silverado, California celebrating their outstanding innovations and contributions made to the industry with more than 400 attendees from surf companies and specialty retail shops were in attendance.
As the only awards program of its kind the goal of SIMA awards is to identify the surf industry’s most influential companies and products and acknowledge their efforts to advance and grow the industry over the past year. The following companies were recognized in it’s categories for the 2016 calendar year. The event was made possible by Surf Expo and Audi both supporting the evening with generous sponsorship’s.
Some Of The 2017 Surfing Industry Manufacturers Association Category Winners Are.
– Accessory Product Of The Year Winner – The Mission Smartwatch By Nixon.
– Environmental Product Of The Year Winner – Yulex Wetsuits By Patagonia.
– Footwear Product Of The Year Winner – Reef Rover By Reef.
– Hardgoods Of The Year Winner – Surfears By Creatures Of Leisure.
– Wetsuit Of The Year Winner – Infiniti Comp TDC By Xcell.
– Performance Shortboard Of The Year Winner – Sci Fi By Slater Designs.
– Longboard Of The Year Winner – The Wingnut Noserider By Firewire.
– Alternative Surfboard Of The Year Winner – By Channel Islands.
– Men’s Apparel Brand Of The Year Winner – Vissla.
– Women’s Brand Of The Year Winner – Billabong Women’s.
– Breakout Brand Of The Year Award Winner – Slater Designs.