The Fiji Pro is done and dusted for another year and, after some of the best waves of the World Surf League Tour this year so far, it was Brazil’s Gabriel Media who was crowned the champion defeating Matt Wilkinson in the Final.
The second place finish strengthens Wilkinson’s lead on the WSL Jeep Rankings and the Australian will retain the leader’s jersey heading into the J – Bay Open with a commanding 32,500 points. The Fiji Pro marks Wilkinson’s third finals appearance in 2016, after his back to back wins on the Gold Coast and at Bells Beach.
The Fiji Pro Final Results.
1. Gabriel Medina – Brazil, 15.60 points
2. Matt Wilkinson – Australia, 6.34 points
The World Surf League Jeep Leaderboard – Top 5 After Fiji Pro.
1. Matt Wilkinson, Australia, 32,500 points
2 Gabriel Medina, Brazil, 24000 points
3. John John Florence, Hawaii, 23,900 points
4. Italo Ferreira, Brazil, 20,500 points
5. Adriano de Souza, Brazil, 20,400 points